Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Rearview Mirror

-->
For those who know me I love history, old things and nostalgia. Recently I was driving my 1986 Ford F150 (four speed with no A/C) short bed though the old town of Matthews North Carolina past the hardware store, which has been in business since 1900. The truck is Ford white, an old farm truck with 53,000 miles, cracked vinyl seats with a loose spring, a little loud, big mud tires… some would say it is only missing a gun rack in the back window and it would be pure southern!

As I went over the railroad tracks my rearview mirror fell of the front windshield. I didn’t use it much as I also have two large side mirrors but I got to thinking about the importance of a rearview mirror. As I reflected I began to think back…

Over the years I have met many highly passionate and skilled people whose hard work and love for God has impacted many lives. In September I highlighted FollowOne and this month, November, I want to highlight another, Rightnow.org.

At Rightnow.org, this group of men and women has literally mobilized thousands of people into discovering their place in God’s work by helping them fuse their passion and work together. I can’t recommend them highly enough and right now (no pun intended) you should check them out at Rightnow.org. Since early 2000s we have developed a relationship, which I have enjoyed immensely. We have worked and prayed for significantly impact together over the years.

With much of my recent work focused on helping national believers and organizations set up income generating opportunities within their own country, which fuels their kingdom work. This can only be accomplished as mindsets about business and mission being fused together changes. Rightnow.org has been one of the leaders in this movement. A movement which redefines your work as worship. I invite you to watch the video below.


 
As supporters with Cathy and I over the last several years your partnership has helped establish a banking system in unreached North India with a partnership with MEDIC, which is lending to the poorest of the poor allowing them to redeem not only their souls but also their family’s future. You have also helped to give more than 10 Christian Cubans a chance at expanding the Kingdom of God by allowing them to create greater resources as they started their own businesses.

Together we have helped see churches planted in Vietnam among many minority groups by funding this kingdom expansion though initiating small and medium size business startups.

In the years ahead I hope to tell you more stories as people’s lives are being changed and through collaboration with groups like MEDIC, FollowOne and Rightnow as well as others located in countries like India, Vietnam, Cuba. Heaven will have so many more people in it. You are a part of all this.

This is your investment. This is your joy.

Mark Szymanski
www.mszymanski.com
mski1957@gmail.com

Won’t you please consider joining our financial support team? You can send contributions to: United World Mission, PO Box 602002, Charlotte NC 28260-2002 and write ACCT# 11013 in the memo line. Further info about on-line giving and other programs see
www.uwm.org. Thank you to our present supports that allow us to impact the many lives across the planet. Again, THANKS!

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Rightnow.org was how we got connected with you at UWM. We are also so grateful for the work they did in our lives personally:) Keep up the good work, love you guys:)

Anonymous said...

Moderate to strong winds blowing from the southwest to
south will prevail over northern and Central Luzon and coastal waters along these areas will be moderate to rough.
We realize that we don't need to listen to outside authorities; we are not guided by our internal authority. Thus they can choose from the many available sources.

my homepage - Latest Daily News